Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Saturday, January 10, 2009

Heidi-Keke the Cat

I have a new cat. Actually, she's a kitty. Heidi-Keke turned one-year-old on the day we invited her into the Kennard family.

At Cocheco Valley Humane Society, in Dover, my husband, young niece, and I viewed several cats. The prerequisites: spayed female and friendly.

The first cat we looked at was white and named Sissy. We would have chosen her, except when I picked her up she hissed and attempted to scratch my face. A definite no-no.

Another cat interested us, but she didn't like children. Another no-no.

But Keke, now named Heidi-Keke, rubbed up against our fingers that we bravely put in between the bars on her cage, and she purred. A good sign. When let out of her tiny cage she jumped on the windowsill, looked out, and then jumped down. When I picked her up she was friendly.

I guess third one's a charm.

Now Heidi-Keke Kennard is our puss-in-boots and sports a milk mustache. She meows in greeting, plays with cat-toys, and sleeps at the foot of the bed at night. Heidi is our purrrfect companion.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: