Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, June 28, 2009

...Come Sail Away...Repeat...Sway...

Set three: Ladies and gentlemen, give a huge welcome to STYX!!! The lights burst on. Styx puts on a music show that blew me away.

It spurs me on to ATTEND AT LEAST ONE CONCERT per year! As a matter of fact, perhaps you will now be charmed by my prose to consider attending a concert of your own favorite musician(s). I feel it is 40-bucks well spent. Even in these hard economic times, it is a boost in spirit that can give one a temporary reprieve from situations out of one's control.

My favored sister and I had driven from the countryside in Tinytown, NH to the Lakes Region in Gilford. We followed the crowd, many protected from downpours with multi-colored umbrellas, into Meadowbrook US Cellular Pavilion.

This crowd, near the end of the set, stood and applauded, swayed and sang along to what I'm convinced was the highlight of the three-band-concert. Yes, saving the best for last is a deal clincher!
"...come sail away, come sail away, come and sail away with me..."
repeat, repeat, sway, repeat, repeat, sway...

I even saw a few flickering flames from lighters held high in the air. Lighters at concerts are a thing of the past, aren't they? Don't hip concert-goers hold up lighted cellphones? The flashiest things were the smuggled-in cameras, like my new Kodak 10 megapixel with zoom (an astounding upgrade from my Kodak 2 megapixel, no zoom).

As we swayed and sang to the 30-year-old 'Sail Away' song like it was a revered, current love-song, it was then that I knew what paying homage to your favorite band is like. It was a heartfelt, poignant moment. It's a personal decision to be a bit selfish for a little while. Wanting, seeking, and taking comfort in simple things, like a good song.

(It made me glad I survived the recent hail hurling weather the day before that had me cowering in the broom closet, begging my Lord to save me from a possible tornado!)

(Photo by Lisa (Allen) Kennard)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: