Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Deer and Kitty Play

Outside my window in the green of the grass
I watch a brown deer as it roams on my lawn

Big, brown, and with a year's growth of antlers
It nibbles on daisies and grasses grown wild

Ears perked to sounds on the road out front
White tail straight up when it's ready to bolt

When out of the corner of its soft brown eyes
It spots my gray cat and stares down the furry ball

Closer the deer comes, bowing its head
Long muzzle sniffs and nudges my lap-cat

Did my kitty-cat hiss, did she meow?
Like a flash I see the deer bolt away fast

Surprise! it was only in play, for the deer stops
Looks back, and begins coming back my cat's way

Another kiss on the cat and zoom, kitty runs away
The deer looks on, wondering where she went so fast

Under the house, I suspect, for safety
To look upon the looming deer who plays like a babe

An hour later, dusk sets in, still the male deer stays
Eating daisies and hoping for more kitty-play

No comments: