Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Creating Birthday Cakes

Photo by Lisa (Allen) Kennard

Remember when I said I was interested in getting into cake decorating?

I'll tell you a secret you may or may not know: my mother has created most, if not all, of her six daughter's wedding cakes...not to mention baby shower cakes! Perhaps I'm a chip off the old block...not that mom's old, mind you. It's just an antiquated expression.


For my sister's and my birthday, I invited them and my niece over for a little cake decorating party. I pulled out all the tips, etc. my mom gave me recently.

It was my sister's birthday, which is 12 days before mine. My mother used her gift certificate to treat us to pizza for supper, plus other foods. Then we opened our presents from Mom. For dessert, we all decorated our own cakes that I had baked the day before.

See how nice they came out!
See if you can guess who make which one?

Go ahead, try!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: