Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Thursday, December 16, 2010

News-y Items (With a Touch of Reminscing):

I love many things, but two in particular:
I love to ice skate!
I have a white pair I bought about 10 years ago
when I figured my feet had stopped growing.
I've used them several times.
Once I brought them and my young niece to
Northwood Lake to ice skate in the portion of
lake that the snowmobilers had cleaned off.
After all the effort of putting a six-year-old's
ice skates on, she lasted about 10 minutes.
Still, a memory maker...a memory
I obviously haven't forgotten yet!
I also took my young niece to White Park
in Concord, and skated around the hockey goals
when she was a year younger. That was quite nice!
She lasted longer, unbelievably, for about 20 minutes.
My young nieces parents took the four of us
(excluding my hubby) to an ice arena in Hooksett.
That was really nice.
We skated, took a break, and skated more...
with a bunch of other enthusiastic skaters,
both young, old, and middle aged.
Yes, I've even gone by myself,
where I am free (as long as no one is looking)
to pretend I'm a dancing premadonna,
as I slowly get used to balancing
on a thin metal blade, and eventually
pick up some speed and do a few twirls,
before my feet cramp, my fingers go numb,
and I pack up my white skates for another winter,
or two...or more...
 
Christmas Break Skating (Thanks, Deb!)
UNH Whittemore Center Arena is having Community Skate Days to benefit the Cocheco Valley Humane Society, Wed., Thur. and Fri. Dec. 29, 30, 31 from 4:30 – 6:30 PM. 
 
 $10 family rate or $5 for adults and $3 for children under 12.  If you bring a donation to benefit the humane society you get $1 off with 1 pet food donation (per person) or $2 off the family rate with 3
or more pet food donations. 
 
Another activity I enjoy is being a philanthropist.
I enjoy helping out, aiding, donating to causes.
One deserving cause is for animals.
In my lifetime I've had many,
but two species in particular.
Cats. Dogs. Once some fish,
but they were family 'pets'
that got flushed when they expired!
I never like to clean out the aquarium
because we had to scoop them up in a net
and I hated the feel of them wiggling
and gasping for air!
 
 NHSPCA News
 
School Vacation Day Camps
 
Activities include crafts, games, interaction with the animals in the classroom and visiting the Adoption Center.  Bring a snack and lunch.  Cost is $50. 
 
6-8 year olds- Monday 27 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.  9-12 year olds- Tuesday, December 28 from 9-3!
 
Registration required and enrollment is limited.  Log on to http://www.nhspca.org/education.html#vaca  to register.
 
Don't forget the two NHSPCA Kind Clubs for kids.  The Kind Club Winter Session information can be found at http://www.nhspca.org/education.html#KindClub  and the We Care Winter Session information can be found at http://www.nhspca.org/education.html#WeCare    The NHSPCA's Summer Camp info will be announced in January!

No comments: