Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rocking Chair Sits Still

The paper said she took her own life,
this woman - somebody's mother and wife.
What was so wrong that couldn't be fixed?
Could no one produce an answer from their bag of tricks?
 
The paper stated birth, parents and hometown,
but it did not mention her emotional breakdown.
How are her husband and children coping?
What are they praying, what are they hoping?
 
The paper said no flowers needed,
no final wishes - no donations pleaded.
Where will she lay? Who will visit her grave?
Angels accompany? Or devils misbehave?
 
The paper said she took her own life...
...due to illness, depression, or a life full of strife?
 
If we had stopped by more often, we think
if we held our breathe or never blinked,
if we sent more cards and placed a call
if we didn't drop the preverbal ball.
 
Would she have turned her frown into a smile?
would she have made her life worthwhile?
Would she have chosen to try anew
to talk to me and confide in you?
 
The paper said she took her own life...
due to illness? Or strife?
 
You shall be recalled at holiday gatherings
while your rocking chair sits still,
You shall be an example amid the family you left
to look, listen, and help those lost and bereft.
 
 

No comments: