Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, January 28, 2008

Tara, and Cupcakes, and Blogs..oh my!

I have a few topics all rolled up into one blog, yet somehow they all relate!

I need some blogging tips: I know that Tara of http://www.whentarametblog.com/ may be able to help me out. It is because of reading Tara's blog and being impressed with how she presents herself and her varied topics, that I became so interested in blogging.

You should check out Tara's blog. It is an excellent read. Tara, for those of you who don't know her, was a bridesmaid in my charming niece's wedding. Tara went to college with my niece and her husband in Massachusetts at Wheaten College.

Tara moved from New York City to Los Angeles. She's in Public Relations. In her blog, she often tells of the places she goes, people she meets, and other tidbits of information of the goings-on in her life.

Another great pastime for Tara is participating in a LA Cupcake Meet-up Group, where she and her 'Groupies' visit bakeries to taste the specialty cupcakes. They probably have tons of fun, too. If I lived in a city, I might considering starting up a local Group.
But living in the country, I would be better off making it a sister-thing...

I am very interested in the whole 'cupcake concept.' Here in Nottingham we have an annual Nottingham Day, where townsfolk and businesses come together to celebrate our town. We do fun things like have a run/walk, free games all day for the kiddies, raffles, an auction, live bands, food, crafters, and a chicken barbecue.

I helped with the very first Nottingham Day by writing an historical short story that I adapted into a play. I directed the third-grade class who performed the skit. I also sang (with a band) my song "Our Nottingham, NH Town." I wrote lyrics telling the history of Nottingham, to the tune of "America, The Beautiful."
The Board of Selectmen voted my song as the Official Town Song!

This year, however, thanks to Tara and her cupcake-fetish, I am going to approach the Nottingham Day Committee and ask if I can organize a "Cupcake Contest." Entries could be judged on taste, display, and originality. There would be prizes in different age-ranges.
Of course, my only demand is that I am one of the judges!!! I think this contest could be a great event that could grow in popularity every year. Someday, I may be known as the "Cupcake Lady" or "Cupcake Queen!" Perhaps the concept could expand to handmade items knitted, painted, and/or sewn. Along the lines of the 4-H building at the Deerfield Fair.

Anyway, as I first wrote, I would like to learn how to interject photos into this blog. I would also like to learn how to say a word like 'cupcake' and when you put your mouse over it, it changes color, letting you know you can click on it to link to more information.
If anyone knows how to do this, please advise.
Hopefully, Tara will read this someday and let me know...

Do you have hints for blogging? Do you have interest in cupcakes?
Please Reply!

(Please note: The clock on this blog is never correct...)

2 comments:

TaraMetBlog said...

Thanks for the great intro. Wow, you write poems, stories AND songs? That's very cool that you wrote the official town song. Even more cool that you are going to have a cupcake contest, be sure and take photos and I can send them to my friends at Cupcakes Take the Cake blog for you. Check your blogger settings to see what timezone you are listed under and that should change your post times to the correct times. As for the images you just need to click on the add photo image in the compose message box to add photos. I'll send you an email on it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa -- if you need blog help, I have plenty of general articles to help you if you want to stop on by. The list of articles are in the java help box on the sidebar. (The list was getting just a bit too long for the sidebar!)