Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, March 10, 2008

A Journey of Novel Writing

Yes, folks, you heard it hear first; Lisa (Allen) Kennard has embarked on her journey of writing a new novel. Folks, this is such exciting news that we cannot keep the secret. Our excitement is overflowing like hot chocolate poured into too small a mug. :)

As an inspiring new novelist Lisa has taken the plunge, after a sabbatical, delving deep into her imagination to create vivid characters inside a varied story line. Many twists and turns keep the reading fast and witty. Each character has his/her own hopes, trials, and journey.

This is not her first romance novel experience. Lisa has been living the life of a writer since 1980. Her first (and only) formal training was graduating from The Institute of Children's Literature, which was a correspondence course she completed while serving the in United States Air Force. Since then she has studied Writer's Digest magazine and many reference books on the craft of writing. Lisa has six first draft novels 'curing' on the back burner. She is proud of two published non-fiction articles and song lyrics that were adopted by the Town of Nottingham, NH's Board of Selectmen as the Official Town Song. In addition, she has penned approximately 250 poems, plus other creative writing accomplishments.

"My mind is constantly open to new ideas for plot, character, dialogue, and introspection. Many times I find my best muse is music," Lisa informs. "My favorite author is Jane Austen. Her writing is classic. Adaptations of her work, made into Masterpiece Theatre productions, have long-held my attention. I model my storytelling after her. I'm determined to be published as a modern-day Jane. Nothing plain about it!"

It's working title: Portsmouth Made Them, is written in third-person, limited point-of-view. Lisa unfolds her tale of young love and the many challenges facing Priscilla and Pritchard in their quest for friendship and love. Having grown up as part-time neighbors in the countryside on Nottingham Square, the tale follows their lives that bring them to historical Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Will they stay together? Will life's demands throw a 'monkey-wrench' into their plans? To find out, you must plunge into their worlds; join them as their lives unfold.

Would you like a sneak peek?
If so, you must send a comment with your request.
Note: The writer reserves the right to screen requests to decide who is viable to read excerpts.

4 comments:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

sneak peek please!

Nella Masil said...

I will handpick a sneak peek for you and email it in an attachement. I am so happy you responded, Lorraine, and so fast!
I am pleased to share.

Nicki said...

Well, now I'm intrigued! Can I sneak a peek as well?

Nella Masil said...

You betcha Nicki!
You are my favorite critic!