Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blogging is Like Keeping a Diary


Blogging is like keeping a diary for yourself (that you want the whole world to read).
So as I write, read my secrets that with the world I wish to share.
If you dare, share a secret comment with me (and the whole world who is secretly reading.)
...I recently realized that as a child I didn't feel I had a trustworthy outlet for feelings. Instead, I put words to paper, as though writing my feelings would be just as good as speaking my feelings.
Know what? I was right. I even think writing my feelings is BETTER.
My paper and pen & computer keyboard are not judgemental. They don't give me that look like, "Come on Lisa, what are you talking about?"
They just let me speak and go on and on...they love it when I stroke and poke them and come up with some insightful revelation or mediocre tidbit. They really like it when I type my romance novels and stroke and poke for hours on end...pausing only to consider the music playing in the background and see if I can work it into my story.
Today, my friendly sister said "You probably became a writer because you felt more comfortable writing things than saying them out loud." Yes, Sis, you hit the bulls eye! You know me so well and are a wonderful Sis and friend!!! (Too bad we kept fighting each other in childhood. We wasted a lot of good years...)

No comments: