Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Friday, August 1, 2008

DUTY CALLS

Under the wire I write. In a few moments I must go. Work is calling...making the almighty buck is so important that I must stop writing and force myself to go where 'duty calls.'

Listening and heading the 'duty calls' horn has always been my way of life. Duty called for the service of my country in the early 1980s and I did so, tho' sacrificed my sense of safety. My safety net, invisible and questioned, was breached when I fled home and joined the outer-realm. I went to places never gone before, pushed my comfort zone (though what comfort was there?) to new heights. What I found was a bunch of yes-people who joined the throng with me. I survived the break-away years. I survived the tumultuous, wandering, vague existence that was vastly better than what I had left behind.

That said, I must cease and desist. Duty is calling. I must go and earn not only the almighty buck, but the coveted benefits, and swim in the sense of fulfilling my obligations. Then I shall come back to my haven and write my little heart out!

No comments: