Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, September 22, 2008

Confection of the Heart

The sun was bright as children and parents proudly carried their cupcake entries to the First Annual Cupcake Contest on Nottingham Day 2008. Smiles, giggles, and chatter were gay as the bakers excitedly walked toward the school cafeteria that was turned into a cupcake lover's showplace.

One winner, a friendly lady from Northwood, proudly poses in front of her winning cupcake entry. The festive orange and yellow leaves were a blanket of autumn foliage, upon which sat chocolate cupcakes smothered with peanut butter frosting, and topped with toffee peanuts.

Oh! So mouth-watering! I know -- I was one of the judges!

Her prize of a baking bowl filled with baking supplies was hugged to her heart. She says this was her first baking contest. That she loves to bake and intends to seek out other baking contests. I believe she will win many more prizes.

Baking is confection of the heart, made with love, and devoured by loves ones. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: