Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Wednesday, June 24, 2009

School's out for the Summer, She Sings



School's out for the summer!
It's a song so often sung,
No more homework,
No more backaches from loads of books!

Summer has arrived!
Time for sleeping-in late,
Daydreaming while riding bikes,
Daydreaming during nature hikes.

Kindergarten was so easy for her,
The painting, the colors, the play,
First grade was more rewarding,
First reading, writing, and now 'rithmetic.

What shall second grade bring?
Writing reports and creating science projects?
What vast knowledge will this sponge-mind soak up?
What vast interests will be sparked by imagination?

Who will be her teacher? Who will be her friend?
Who will play with her at recess?
Who will help her relax once her school day ends?

Enough of wondering about next year!
This summer, remember!
Now she shall sleep-in late,
And visit aunties and uncles for summer-time exploration.

Aunties open up doors that moms
Don't have time to unlock,
Uncles open up windows that dads
Don't have arms enough to reach.

School is out for the summer!
She is relaxed and spreading her wings,
School is out for the summer!
If you listen closely...you'll hear her heart sing.

No comments: