Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, June 15, 2009

Thirty Years...Class of 1979

















Thirty plus years ago they studied in a small town high school
to get their valuable education and follow somebody's rules,
Along the way, in their day,
they laughed, they lived, misbehaved, and played.
Within those thirty plus years they went along their way,
they loved, they lost, and eventually found their way
to stand in a pose with friends that always stay
impressed in minds and hearts and never go astray.
After thirty years they recall the good and forgive the bad,
they talk of love that flourished, languished - not sad,
but melancholy through their rose colored glasses,
recalling friends who came the extra mile to see mates from classes.
Here to ask questions, to retell funny stories of old,
to make jokes funnier and heroes larger as stories are retold.
To pause a moment - remember some who have left this life,
to linger longer, hoping to outstretch this time in life.
A slap on the back, a hug tight full of emotion,
a burst of laughter in that final, fleeting commotion,
wishing farewell, until next year, "I promise," they say
vowing to gather before another thirty years slips away...
A thirty year reunion for the Class of 1979
is captured in memory in a glorious place in time.
(Photos by Lisa (Allen) Kennard)

No comments: