Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Friday, August 7, 2009

Christmas Living Rooms


Believe it or not...Christmas is coming!
Each year I have a Christmas craft I chose, plan, and create. I then wrap the finished product and make it part of my gift giving.
Last year, I made holiday living room vignettes with handcrafted fireplaces. The fireplaces were made by my husband's grandmother's nephew. I bought them at a church sale. To provide myself with a sturdy surface, I glued a piece of cardboard to a red sheet of felt. I then glued a fireplace on each felt sheet to begin my living room.
Next, I glued a doily to the top of the felt to make a rug.

I purchased mini Christmas trees, mini foil-wrapped presents, imitation holiday lights, mini doll houses, doggy bones, toys, and other trinkets, and glued them all on for presents.
I chose a holiday card and mounted it on the back of the fireplace, like a painting hanging above the mantel. Each picture was especially chosen to reflect the person's interest.

I wood burned the name(s) of the people 'living' in this imaginary house.
I placed a stocking for Santa to fill.
I placed Santa standing by a fire of cinnamon sticks and red tinsel.
I gave these
homemade gifts
to favored
family
members...
but first I took this picture.

Note: (For my mother's wood-burned plaque I wrote out her name, but since there are so many children, I only put our initials so they would fit: C, L, D, J, C, L, B, J...yes, 8 children in all!)

(Photo by Lisa (Allen) Kennard)

No comments: