Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bobbing Head at the Fair

Oh, ya! Goin' to the Deerfield Fair!

It's a little tradition I enjoy keeping every year, if possible.
I went a few times during childhood, but never long enough, and never at my leisure. Nor did I have any of my own money to spend on fair food or non-essential baubles. I probably went on a ride or two, but never the wicked dizzy-ing ones. They made me want to puke!

Since coming home from the service I've had more opportunity to go to the Deerfield Fair at my leisure. Still, there is never enough time to just spend strolling, never enough days to go: only on Thursdays to beat the crowds. Only for a few hours so we can spend the rest of the day with my niece. Only just enough time to get a taste of the fair, the thrill and the excitement, maybe one ride on the Ferris wheel, until another year comes and goes and it's fair time once again.

Unless something unexpected comes up to squash my fun:
Like the year I had these wicked stomach pains and stayed home that year.
Like the year I got the call that my Nana was bad off at the nursing home. I was ready to walk out the door to the fair, but had to explain to my 4-year old niece that I had to skip the fun and go help "Nana go to heaven."

I actually went to the nursing home with most all my family gathered around, singing religious hymns to Nana so she could imagine us as angels greeting her into heaven. (That is the most selfless thing I've ever done, seeing how the demon of my life was there with us.)

This year an ear infection and cold are trying to keep me from the fair, but I outwitted it. I stayed in bed all morning. Actually got out of bed just before noon. So I will go to the fair and bring along my hubby and niece, and grasp those few hours of fair ambiance that will tide me over until this time next year. I hear the fried doe and Ferris wheel a'callin!

I hope to see some old friends there. It is usually a place on the weekends to run into people you haven't seen since high school. Sometimes I see an elderly aunt and uncle. Sometimes I see no one I know...I'm just a head bobbing in the crowd...sniffing the fried food!

No comments: