Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Friday, October 16, 2009

To be Sure: Walk the Walk

When I was talking to friend whose sister was dying of cancer, he got choked-up and is struggling with her prognosis...I tried to be of encouragement, but when it comes right down to it, in the end, it is between YOU AND GOD!
I hope you all will be present in heaven with me one day...to be sure, think of it this way: you can talk the talk, but unless you walk the walk, you have no guarantee. A minister placating you and suggesting you'll go to heaven without truly believing and living the Christian life, is only making you feel good, falsely.

You must understand and accept that you are living in the Kingdom of God right now, and act like it, and know that Jesus is your Lord and Savior. Without the deep conviction, it is all just 'lip service.'
I know my friend's sister and husband are very religious. I believe it is their faith that has given them their only hope of something better following this courageous battle. Death is only part of the journey...eternal life is a believers reward!

If you have an old friend who is now faced with death, it is also a difficult time for you. When I went to see a high school classmate of mine, Doug, a month before he passed away, I took our high school yearbook and it appeared to make him happy to see in photos all those people who used to be friends, that are hardly, if ever, seen these days.

Perhaps bringing your yearbook and looking at the pictures will ease the tension that is sure to creep into the air at some point during your visit. Perhaps you can tell those hilarious stories and all have a good, great laugh!

In the end...it is between YOU AND GOD.
I hope you are presently living in the Kingdom of God!

No comments: