Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fw: Greeting Card Drive - 2010

FYI - UPDATED

Dear Reader,
I was talking to Chelli Tennis earlier today. As a private citizen, I already donate soap each month to the Food Pantry. I want to expand my giving in a unique venue. I've come up with a way that the needy can celebrate birthday's (and other holidays) in their families and feel proud to give their loved ones cards.

I want to promote a Greeting Card Drive with the proceeds of $money or greeting/birthday cards to be donated to the families currently relying on Nottingham Food Pantry help.

Some of these families are really hurting. Buying cards for their family is a luxury and not affordable. Afterall, the price of a card could be more advantagously spent on a loaf of bread!

By providing these family's with birthday cards, their limited money can be spent on necessities: food and household supplies. These cards can be homemade gems or store bought. Donate one card or a box of cards!

Several collection sites are set-up for the donations: Nottingham's Blaisdell Library, Nottingham's Recreation Dept., Nottingham's Town Office, All Aboard Preschool and Childcare, Demon's, Liars Paradise, and Jenness Farm (Goat's Milk Soap).

Join me at Saturday's Town Meeting and help me make some homemade cards.

If you are a concerned citizen, a church or other town organization, perhaps you see this as a worthwhile outreach project.
I can be contacted at lisarayk@comcast.net

Regards,
Lisa Allen Kennard
(Please forward this on to anyone you think might be interested.)

No comments: