Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting Away with a Miracle

Nearby, I keep my wedding photo
of hubby and me
cutting our wedding cake
and smiling like we
just got away with a miracle...
sure
enough,
we
did.

I am still amazed at how we met in church and skipped
bible study one afternoon. We sat in the parking lot of the
Edgerly Chapel. Across the street, the church bell rang
as each hour slipped passed. As each hour passed, Ray and I
grew closer and lost some of those inhibitions that can
worry those who are closing the door on one phase of life,
and trying on another friendship,
as
though
buying
a
new
pair
of
sneakers.

Those precious hours have now passed into
seventeen years of blissful togetherness.
No more secrets, no more living lies,
pretending all is well when it really wasn't.
Pretending all dreams had come true,
when they'd actually crashed and burned
just moments after flight.

A fourteen year age gap is but a hiccup.
A soft touch on the cheek is rewarding.
Holding hands brings simple joy and the time shared
becomes
more
precious
as
life
slips
by.

My husband is my best friend, as many have said before me
and many will say long after. That is a wonderful imitation.

But the fact that it is ME saying it, is one of life's miracles.
I am happy to report that many times these days I sit back
with no worries and my lips curve up in a satisfied smile.

It is true ~~ I'm getting away with a miracle.
Please, miracle, last forever!

It is a long time coming, this pleasant life of mine.
For all those years I wandered in the wilderness,
sad, scared, and scarred,
I'm giddy to report
that my wonderful husband and I
are still happy
after
all
these
years!

No comments: