Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Every Nook & Cranny


(Photo By Lisa (Allen) Kennard) Ray at Ossipee Lake
Ray and I spent a wonderfully lazy day
touring the Ossipee area like a couple of tourists.
The difference...
Ray has memories
in every nook, cranny, and cemetery.

Gazing at headstone names
of parents, grandparents and
great grandmother aged 103!

Walking down memory lane
with his childhood friend, Burtie,
as he sits on a smooth granite bench
at the base of his headstone.

Giving a little boy some potato chips
to throw to two friendly ducks
that run away each time
little feet get too close...
...but run back for crumpled, salty chips.

Lunching and soaking up the sun
at White Lake, while the beauty
of God's creation lays in the
mountain vista before us...
...Mt. Chocorua...

Climbing a mile up and a mile back
on Mt. Chocorua's trail,
going slower than usual
as Ray picks his way
and favors one knee...
...recalling five decades
of hightailing it up and down with ease.

Today, husband and wife enjoyed a day
in Ossipee, NH like a couple of tourist,
but the man knows each tree and brook
like a road map in his heart.

Every nook, every cranny, every cemetery
holds a memory...




No comments: