Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Episodic Behavior

 
betty-sue 
cries out in different ways,
sometimes solemn...
sometimes throwing an all out assault
with thrashing arms and legs and
eyes burning with rage
..a blank stare of her wild face.
 
Turn the page to 'episode two'
with onlookers wondering
what to do?
How to Help?
To unlock the tiny door
that keeps her secrets
hidden in her mind
that is going
ballistic
because
she can't express it
and we won't guess it
tho' if we took a shot in the dark
we might unveil the mystery...
 
 
we confer after 'episode three':
maybe it's a learned thing,
an activity since birth
that left uncorrected
has become a game of
power...yours or mine...
those who care are burdened
to look into this behavior
and give it a name.
 
'Episode four' ends with an exhausted
gal on the floor...
does betty-sue do this on purpose?
is it a power-play or natural response?
looks between adults overhead
searching each other for a clue.
 
a little experiment with 'episode five':
If held down long enough,
protecting her, we, and me,
will she kick out her frustrations?
then cry, whimper and moan
when the storm is over?
will the tsunami of betty-Sue's emotions
drown out the love we should feel?
will we hold this behavior over her
used-to-be haloed head?
 
with 'episode six' we are at our whit's end--
a unity of caregivers send out a cry for help:
"will the one with the answers walk in?"
we wish them better luck that we had!
 
with therapeutic help and education,
'all-knowing'
points a finger and says
"aha! I've got it figured out!"
 
"tell us the truth," we shout,
so we can love betty-sue
and help her out
along her confused and twisted way,
give us the promise of a brighter day.
 
help us love her so she loves herself
then put unacceptable behavior on its shelf.
 
when betty-sue is grown and brings her
kids to us someday,
will we baulk at the memory of behavior
and open our arms and draw them in?
 
will we serve betty-sue or will we sin?

No comments: