Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Aunt is Ill

 
I am sad!
At 11:25 this Sunday night,
with an ice pack atop my noggin
and another around my neck...
...trying to ward off in impending
migraine; I sit at the computer
to check out my latest mail.
 
Ok -- one from mom.
She occasionally addresses her
eight children in one email,
for saying something once is
easier than having to repeat it
four and four again.
 
Aunt Barbara is in the hospital
from a heart attack!
Oh no! My poor aunt's health has
been on a steady downhill slide...
 
...I shall run to her side, this aunt
who I've always felt very close to,
a closeness bound with penpal
letters, and hugs and kisses
at Christmastime and Balloon Rallys.
 
A special prayer I say tonight,
for my beloved aunt is ill,
and while I sleep in my comfy bed
tonight, she may hardly sleep at all
with beeps and needles attacking her
through the night. Will Uncle Bud
sit by her side, or one of my three
male cousins?
 
Oh, I am sad!
so very sad,
but to see her angel face
will make me melancholy glad.
 
A prayer for her good health
will tuck me into bed and off
to sleep with delightful dreams
of Aunt Barbara hugging me.

No comments: