Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Friday, October 29, 2010

Fw: Community Service for Sam

Sam is Ray's & my friend Gil's grand-daughter.
Since most of you are animal lovers, I thought you might be in a position to help.
Lisa

 
Hi,  this is Sam!.  For part of my high school graduation requirements, I need to complete 40 hours of community service and I have decided to start by doing some volunteer work at Cocheco Valley Humane Society - which is a local (to me) non-profit animal shelter.  I have recenlty attended the orientation program and I will be primarily working with dogs (since I love dogs), but I will also be volunteering my time to help the shelter fundraise and collect items.  For part of how I want to help the dogs, I want to tell people that if you have old blankets, sheets or towels, I will collect them and bring them to the shelter.  These things are used to help make the dogs kennels more comfortable, but since many dogs like to chew stuff (or have accidents while they wait to get outside), they don't last long and thats why they need so many (but some stuff might be used for small animals too).  Also, if anyone wants to donate food, toys or even money (even if it's just change), I will also collect anything like that and donate it. I will take any donations at anytime, there is no time limit on anything (so it can be now or in like 3 months) since me and mum will be at the shelter at least once a week (I am not 16, so mum gets to be with me and help too!).  I will be keeping track of everything I collect and donate and will tally everything because I want to see how much stuff I can help collect and donate during the time I am volunteering there.  If you have any questions about this, please email me and either me or my mum will answer the email.  Since I am just starting, I thought that asking my family and friends to help me get started would be a good way to get going and show that I want to help animals because they really cant help themselves!  Please pass this along to anyone else that you think can help me with this project!  Thank you for your help :)  Sam

No comments: