Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, October 18, 2010

Lisa's 5-Mile Walk In Memory of Robin

Several years ago, I joined three of my sisters (L,D,Ch) as we took the plunge and joined a team that was walking in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. It was a humbling experience, having just a minute understanding of the hurt and heartache that one endures or dies from, when they are battle cancer.

Six months ago, I found an old friend of mine that I had served in the U.S. Air Force with in 1980 - 1981. Michael Mosley was one of few friends that I bonded with on the desert that was Edwards Air Force Base, Mojave Desert, California. I found Michael six months ago, and two months ago he died from cancer. My only consolation is that Michael claims to have been a Christian and that he told me of his condition and died soon after. A sad, but bit of closure for me.

For ten years, a family friend/fellow christian was diagnosed with breast cancer and five years later bone cancer. This is the closest I've felt the ravages of cancer. So close to home...wrecking havoc with loved ones. So many tears, so many years now ahead for her family, without Robin. Yet, in heaven she is pain-free...and so we feel comforted by that promise.

Yesterday, my husband Ray and I walked in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Concord, along with an estimated 5,000 others. Leading our team, 'Rockin' Robin', were her sister, husband, mother, daughters, brothers, other family and friends. Perhaps that will bring some closure, too, for a long battle fought bravely.

The Concord Monitor has a photo of the brown and pink shirts in a mass exodus: adults, children, strollers and pets. Click on this link to see the newspaper's article.
http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/220825/bravo-concord-bravo

No comments: