Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Sad Regret

One of my saddest regrets is that I never had children. I have to believe God has other plans for me. I comfort myself by swearing I was meant to be a writer, instead. As a writer I wouldn't have time for a child...they are so needy! Sometimes I convince myself it's true that I am destined for other roles in life. Sometimes I throw my hands up in defeat, hang my head, and tears escape...

I am a great Auntie Lisa! I'm a wicked good Great Aunt Lisa. I'm a pretty good Stepmother to a stepdaughter that doesn't really need me.

It is my greatest joy to have my young niece be such a huge part of my life these days. For half a day on Thursday (& other days when she requests a visit) when my niece comes over to spend time at my house, I get to pretend I'm the mother I would've been...if...

Some things happen or don't happen, I believe, for a reason...still I wonder what the reason is...often I get sad, but God knows I tried!!! (Lord, how I tried!!!)

(I am posting this at 11:32 p.m. - Clearly, I have no children...)

Anybody childless out there besides me?
Got any comforting words???

No comments: