Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Saturday, August 9, 2008

May Love be a Colorful Rainbow

Today I attended an intimate garden wedding in my town. The couple was sweet. They were committed to each other before the wedding, but with the vows spoken while family and friends looked on, they made their devotion official.

I sat in the front row under the pine trees. I watched the groom's nervous smile appear and reappear time and again. The bride's back was to me, but I could tell she was ecstatic, too. I'm not sure that she was nervous.
This was her fourth wedding, but his first.


Beside them the brother of the groom, a best girlfriend, and two young flower girls, their children dressed in peach, stood innocent and fresh.

Love, when you find it, is virginal. It begins that way and depending on the couple, that awe-feeling may last a week, six months, or long after the ceremony.

It is through the good times and trying times that a relationship is forged. If it's a good relationship it grows more sturdy, thus if it is a marginal relationship, each storm beats upon the ship until the perfect storm crumbles the thing like a ship tossed upon a rocky, jagged shore.

In this couple I saw a groom who doted on his bride and a bride who appreciated his doting. They laughed, they giggled, their eyes twinkled. For this bride and groom I wish a virginal outlook on love that lasts for many, many happy years.

To the reader, I say, cast away any tainted past and let love be new, and fresh, and wondrous. Harbor only good will and warm heart to your loved one. With childlike simplicity I say, may all marriages be strong when storms arrive...may your love be a colorful rainbow that shines in the sky and glows on your faces...



No comments: