Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, September 1, 2008

...YESTERDAY...TODAY...TOMORROW...

YESTERDAY I took a bunch of my previously used things to another yard sale in the hopes of selling it to add to my emergency fund. I mostly sold forty CDs. They were some of my favorites, but I am coming to realize all the music I want to hear is on the trustworthy radio. Depending on what mood I'm in, I can listen to classical, pop, rock, or country. So bye-bye to many of my coveted CDs...my brother bought most of them. I gave him a good deal. Also, I sold four dozen farm fresh eggs (and gave one dozen away), sold some Halloween and Christmas decorations, and various household goods. My sister was selling her young daughter's outgrown clothes, and my sister's older daughter was selling her twin's outgrown clothes. My young niece had a fruit punch/lemonade/cookie stand. She's a real entrepreneur, sporting a new haircut, and entering the first grade. The yard sale, that was YESTERDAY.

TODAY my husband and I left at 9:00 a.m. and headed to the beach. In the back of the pick up truck were our new bicycles; his blue and mine maroon...both Schwinns. There was not a cloud in the sky...it was baby blue. (Down in the Gulf Hurricane Gustav is wrecking havoc.) Over to Odiorne State Park, across from the Wentworth-By-The-Sea hotel, we parked our truck and mounted our bikes. We rode with the sea breeze. To the ocean we peddled and then walked the length of the beach. Then we sat on a park bench and people watched. More than 200 people were crammed on that beach. The wind blew soft at times, and then gusted. People's colorful umbrellas contorted and blew inside out in the gale...my husband and I chuckled to see the panicked faces. The day in the sun, that was TODAY.

TOMORROW is the last day off of my four-day holiday weekend. I have three commitments. First, I must take to the elementary school one of the prizes I put together for the winner's of Nottingham Day's First Annual Cupcake Contest. The committee thinks the kids will get excited and sign up to participate if they see the actual prize. Second, I go to my therapist to help me sort through feelings from the past. It's kind of like a tattletale session...thirty-years too late. Third, I have invited my brother over for supper so I can give him a 100-year-old painting that Nana had in her apartment and she gave me before she went to Heaven. My brother didn't get much of her things, and I find I want to share it...so this is me, being nice. Also as guests for supper will be my sister and my young niece, two of my favorite people. I'm actually going to cook!!! A day of commitments, that is TOMORROW.

YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW. LIVE EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST!

No comments: