Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, September 1, 2008

Reading Magazines: Better Late Than Never

I have begun to flip quickly through a stack of magazines that have been sitting, collecting dust. Most of of them are three-years-old.

Family Circle, Better Homes and Gardens, Martha Stewart Living, Redbook, Prevention, Remedy...just to name a few.

That is not counting the thirty or more Writer's Digest up here in the bedroom and the collection of 100 or more Writer's Digest down in the basement. These Writer's Digest magazines are invaluable. I will keep all of these. I must also keep my writer's reference library...I have about fifty 'how-to' books for writers on a vast array of topics.

Someday I hope to actually read them in my quest for education. When I retire I will write full-time. If I am not published before I retire, I will definitely be published after I retire! I will have these books-on-the-craft-of-writing handy for the writer's retreat I hope to have here in my woods someday, or I will gift them to a library upon my death.

However, I am flipping through all the before-mentioned magazines and passing them on to my sister. She is either passing them on to someone else once she's done, or she's chucking them in the trash. Either is fine with me...they are finally out of my house!

No comments: