Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, October 21, 2008

San Antonio Blogger

I follow the blog of a woman in San Antonio, Texas. I feel a bit of a connection with her because when I was in the Air Force, I, too, lived in San Antonio. (I love it when she mentions running into HEB 'grocery store' for something now and again. That's were I bought my food!)

Anyway, I've been reading her x-rated blog...peering into her life...for six months. To get on to her blog you have to click on the button that says, 'Yes, I want to continue and I understand there is questionable material.'

This thirty-something woman is a police dispatcher. She is divorced, childless, and constantly rendezvous with various men to fulfill her desires. Though she writes like she is street-wise and tough, she seems a bit insecure. She wrote that her mother is ill and she worries about her daughter, which is now making this blogging woman step back and question her situation in life.

She wants love. She wants to feel again. Here is the comment I left on her blog entry:

Wow! Heavy stuff!

I suggest patience with yourself...be your own best friend. Don't be looking for love...go about your life, having fun, and it may bite you in the butt. Get involved with a group where you are around the type of people you strive to be, or put yourself with those who share your views, religious beliefs, or pastimes (other than work). Perhaps get away from the normal things you do and explore other pastimes.

You appear to be hard-core and self-fulfilled, like your mom said, but if you were a bit more soft and strove to please others, you might attract a different type guy. I know you are your own woman and I like you...this is just a suggestion from someone who's been near where you are, and came out of the dark tunnel with a happy marriage of 16 years.
Lisa in NH

(Note: I appear to be the only one leaving comments on her blog. She has to screen the comments and decide if she wants to post them for others to read. She posts my comments. She must not hate them.)

No comments: