Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, January 5, 2009

Cookie Swap Waistline

The women in my family have a cookie-swap each year to kick-off the holiday season. There are great bakers in my family. My waistline is the proof!

In the freezer my cookies call my name: "Lisa, EAT ME! EAT ME!!

It's useless to fight...I have no willpower! So I snack on cookies, half a dozen at a time. My tummy loves my binge, but my waistline cries in defeat!

I thought I would give my cookies away in goodie-baskets I was putting together for my husband's family. Earlier I'd had the grand idea of covering pretzels, potato chips, marshmallows, etc. in melted chocolate. I had a ton of mouthwatering snacks already made to give away...so I kept the cookies!

I did take a plate to a Yankee Swap party. I left them there upon my departure. That was a good move on my part. My next good move will be to lose the fifteen pounds I gained after I lost thirty.

Let us look on the bright side. I have successfully kept off fifteen of those thirty pounds. That counts for something!!! Next year, I may bring only a dozen or so cookies to the swap. I will only bring two of each of my sister's, mother's, and stepdaughter's cookies home.

My waistline will thank me.

No comments: