Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, February 1, 2009

'Love in the Afterlife' - From a Dream to a Novel


Aah, love. The risky things boy and girls do when they are infatuated! People in love do silly things...
I love writing about love.
Last night I had a dream. It was a vivid, powerful dream. I told my husband about it upon waking. I immediately began to stray from the original dream and expand on the story.
My imagination ran wild with who the woman was, who the man was, how they met, how they parted, and everything that happened from the beginning until the end.
Tonight I sat down at my laptop and pumped-out my summary and character sketches. I entitled my new love story: Love in the Afterlife. I have written the first scene that takes place in a bridal shop.
In the next scene there will be an explosion and she will die. Then she'll go to the Afterlife, be miserable, and be sent back to Life to find closure with her fiance. Several other characters will emerge and their lives will all be intertwined.
The intertwining is what I love about writing novels. I'm hoping for good things...this could be the next 'Ghost!'

No comments: