Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THE PROOF

MY NIECE IS IN FIRST GRADE AND HAS LEARNED TO READ AND WRITE. AS USUAL, EVERY TIME I SEE MY NIECE, MORE THAN ONCE I SMILE AT HER 'INNOCENT' FACE AND SAY, "I LOVE YOU."

SHE USED TO REPEAT THE SENTIMENT, BUT SINCE BEING OLD ENOUGH TO ATTEND SCHOOL, SHE APPARENTLY FEELS TOO OLD TO SAY THE WORDS ANYMORE; SHE JUST SAYS, "ME, TOO."

BUT THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. I MOURN FOR THE LOVE-WORDS SHE WILL NO LONGER SAY, AS THOUGH IT IS A BOTHER FOR HER. SOOOO, SHE LEFT ME A NOTE. I TOOK A PHOTO OF IT, FOR POSTERITY.

NOW, EVEN IF SHE TEASES ME BY REFUSING TO SAY IT, I HAVE THE PROOF...SHE LOVES ME 'TO'!

(Photo by Lisa (Allen) Kennard)




No comments: