Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, May 12, 2009

...Tick...Tick...Tick...

All I did was pick up my shovel, the short one with the handle, and dig a 24-inch square patch next to the wagon wheel my brother-in-law gave me. All I did was turn the loam and insert plastic, black edging to keep the grass from invading.

All I did was transplant the Iris' my mother gave me after separating hers...the ones that came from Grammy's, God-rest-her-soul's, garden. All I did was place those Iris lovingly in a circle, dreaming about the day they would burst into full bloom, probably next year, since they were uprooted just as growing season had begun.

All I did was drag my hose over and water them, and then fill my mother's blue bucket with water. All I did was walk over with the blue bucket and water the three dozen strawberry plants I had transplanted two weeks ago into the new raised garden my husband built for me. All I did was take my short shovel and my mother's blue bucket and traipse over to the patch of Narcissus that I had dug up from my husband's great-grandmother's backyard sixteen years ago.

All I did was pick which bunch I would put into my mother's blue bucket and gift to her, in exchange for Grammy's Irises. All I did was dig up the bunch of Narcissus and carry them over to the hose and fill the blue bucket half full of water, which was just enough to cover the Nottingham earth I had ripped from the ground, to gift to my mother, where they would be transplanted into her garden in Northwood.

All I did was put that blue bucket of Narcissus in my car so when I went to work at my sister's tomorrow, I could first drop the flowers off at my mother's. All I did was traipse back down the hill to the walk-out cellar door, put the short shovel back in its place against the concrete wall of my new house, and lock the cellar door.

All I did was take off my soiled sneakers, set them in the rack on my new screened-in porch, hung up my Nubble Light baseball cap that I had generously sprayed with OFF!, and then came in the house. All I did was take off my yellow sweater, hold it out to fold it, and that is when I saw it.

A TICK!

This is all I did. How did that tick get on the inside of my yellow sweater???

No comments: