Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, June 28, 2009

Liberated Concert Goers

REO SPEEDWAGON's band members have aged and their hair styles different, but their music and lyrics brought the same familiar goosebumps! This, too, is a band whose music reminds me of another life, a past life, that is best swept under a rug. If the only thing I could take from that time period was the music, I would be fine.

Back then music was all about drums, and guitars, keyboards, and lyrics. It was classic rock and roll with words you could understand and relate to. Song after song had the fans, who had braved the wet conditions, clapping, hooting, and singing along. At the end of their set, REO praised their fans and thanked them for their loyalty. I liked that.

Beside me at the concert, my sister's knees moved up and down to the beat. She enjoyed them as much as I, though I'm sure her memories of hearing this music and my memories differ, like night and day. But together we hunkered down at the concert, sporting our emergency ponchos following the downpour, and though we are two separated people, at that moment in time, under the rainbow that appeared in the sky, SHE AND I WERE ONE!

Thank you for sharing in this first of many concerts with me, Sis! You and I have been liberated!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: