Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, June 28, 2009

.38 Special Memories

.38 Special was just that...special. I have about 38 special memories about this group and its music. Two songs they sang at the concert, that my sister and I attended, brought me back in time to two different instances. Amid the downpour during .38 Special's set, I reminisced. The rain just added to the poignancy.

"...so caught up in you, little girl, you're the woman's got me down on my knees, so caught up in you, little girl, and I never want to get myself free..."

This I remember dancing to at the Airman's Club with my clique of friends about 1983. Friends like Donna & Dan, Cathy & Mike, Rhonda, Stoney, Mark, Mark, Richard, and a bevy of others that were more acquaintances. All these names...all these memories...are ghosts in the past.

AND

"...a heart needs a second chance...since you've been gone, I've been in a trance, this heart needs a second chance, don't say it's over, I just can't say goodbye..."

This I remember that a certain brokenhearted love-interest from my past, around 1991, told me that when he heard this song, it reminded him of me. We were sitting on his couch...both viewing each other through rose-colored glasses in the distant past of 1979, and not able to really connect to the modern-day version. Sadly, this old friend died in a house fire and I was shocked. I miss never mending our bridge. During the concert I sung along with the band, loud and full of emotion.

This was the first act at the concert. It got me fired up and ready for act two.

(Photo by Lisa (Allen) Kennard)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: