Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Retired Wood-Chopping Man

My husband, the wood-chopping man:
he used to saw up trees with his trusty chainsaw (14-inches long), lift them onto his rugged wood splitter, split them up to the perfect chunk...they went
UP, UP the conveyor belt, and
DOWN, DOWN into his one ton dump truck.
He'd season the wood in piles in the backyard, their bark baking in the summer sun.
Then he'd fill orders for his 200 cords of wood by throwing the wood UP, UP into the truck body and make the delivery
by dumping the wood OUT, OUT onto customers' grounds.
For ten years he gave the fire wood processing business his all...even ended up giving it his healthy back.
Now my husband is disabled. Now he is enjoying the retirement he so deserves. My husband has worked hard and honest his whole life...I'm proud of him and his work ethic.
If only I could retire with him, every day, to stay home and play with him!
That is a goal to look forward to...someday.
(Photo by Lisa (Allen) Kennard)

No comments: