Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rockin' Out at my Rock Concert!

SING WITH ME:

'You take it on the run, baby, if that's the way you want it baby, then I don't want you around! I don't believe it, not for a minute, you're under the gun so you take it on the run. Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another - you been messin' around!'

Oh yeah, classic REO SPEEDWAGON, from the 1980's. And guess what? Tonight's the night! I'm loadin' up my sister and a lawn chair and gunning it over to Meadowbrook. We're gonna see the show! And that's not all. Also playing is Styx and .38 Special.

This is only my second 'real' concert. The first was The Irish Tenors, when I went with my husband. Very calming, surreal music. This rock concert will be the exact opposite of calm. I'm gonna rock out! Close my eyes and just soak it all in.

Talk about a mind-blast from the past. These three bands were hot when I was in the service in the early 1980s. My clique of friends and I would go partying every Friday and Saturday night over at the Airman's Club on Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.

We'd shake, and move, and have a romance or two, or three, or four! Never in my life did I party this way, and probably never again. No drugs, nor over-indulgence of booze. We were just living life without many cares, out dancing hard with friends and strangers...all in the same boat. The service was like that for me (the best part of it, anyway.)

Classic rock - classic memories. Memories I can only tell you about, because no one I know today was with me during my service days. Those old friends are all in my past, still alive in my memories. Can't find them in real life, so I remember them in daydreams. Some things from those 'crazy days' are best forgotten.

But hey, this is about REO SPEEDWAGON! All that's another blog...
Check out the site to see what I'm talkin' about!

http://www.meadowbrook.net/?page=event_info&show_code=062709&cf=24204452_1

No comments: