Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SAVED in My Time of Peril

During the storm, on Friday June 26, I was at work at Tasker's. I saw the storm approaching, black clouds flowing like molten lava. I raced to close all the windows in my sister's house.
When lightning stuck and blew out the battery back-up on the office computer, and I smelled smoke, I high-tailed it into the broom closet to wait it out.
I feared another 100-year tornado. It was then I knew what that poor, deceased grandmother feared as the 100-year tornado approached her home, killed her, but allowed the young grandchild in her arms to live. I listened...pricked my ears to hear what I've heard is the scariest sound in the universe...the sound of an approaching freight train upon you...when there are no train tracks in your vicinity!
I WAS WORRIED!
First, I worried because I hadn't had enough time to get the two dogs in.
Next, I worried about how rescuers would find my body in the broom closet.
Finally, I worried for my life. I didn't want to die, yet.
I prayed, I chanted, I begged God for safety, begged for my life...and it worked. I realize now I was being selfish: I should have prayed for other people, too. My bad.
When the worst of it was over, with rumbles of thunder further away (over some other soul's life) I ventured out of the closet and took this quick photo outside the office door. I had to push the door hard to get it open. Hail was up against it, blocking my escape!
My sister's and my mother's houses both received moderate/sever hail damage, but they and I survived.
They may claim to be lucky.
I don't believe in luck.
I believe I am connected...to the SAVior!
That's why I was SAVED in my time of peril.
(Photo by Lisa (Allen) Kennard)

No comments: