Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Today's Party

Today I had a party. I was the hostess who cooked and cleaned in anticipation of a house full of guests. Food was planned, executed, and served to please the crowd.

Punch and peach iced tea awaited, next to the flowered ice bucket...waiting in contest...to see which liquid was preferred.

In the freezer, shivering, three-flavored ice cream nudged together, trying to stay cold, trying not to be drippy with excitement, tho' it was hard, knowing how the hostess planned to serve with it various toppings like cherries, chocolate chips, walnuts, chocolate sauce, and whip cream. Oh! The concoction made the ice cream faint and frozen with anticipation.

Games: Ants in the Pants, Trouble, Don't Spill the Beans, deck of cards, Barrel of Monkeys, Pick Up Sticks...they all stood proud awaiting the declaration of who would be chosen to entertain the masses.

First a round of Trivia for Kids. What pride the game had as it attempted to outsmart the 7 to 65 years-olds. Then, oh! Trouble is next! A heated match between friends, young and old alike, is underway...............move ahead six, move ahead two, get landed on and get sent back home. Shouts of success, moans of defeat. An hour later, the two-male team (grandfather and grandson) are the victors!

Time to go home while the rain takes a break. Goodbyes and thank you's called out to hearth and home and hostess, too.

In the dishwasher, plastic cups, utensils, pots and pans, and plates recap the party as the water washes and rinses them clean. Giddy are they with extended joy. Everyone ate the food on the plates and forks and spoons were licked clean.

The waiting is the hardest part. Waiting for the next party! Will it be as fun as the last? Only time will tell. Who will be invited? What food will be served? What drinks? What dessert? WHAT GAMES?

I sure love throwing a party. So does my house and all within.

No comments: