Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cake Decorating

When I was a kid I liked to bake. It was one of my few domestic enjoyments.
***
Usually, I baked on Saturday nights while I listened to Lawrence Welk's champagne music as it floated in from our 70's living room. Mostly I baked cookies: chocolate chip and peanut butter. My family looooves peanut butter!
***
I come from a houseful of bakers. My mother is a baker (and a cook at a nursing home, though she is about to retire after 30 years of service).
***
All my sisters bake...very well. I'm often treated to their confectionery sweets...I drool over them seconds before popping their desserts into my salivating mouth. YUM!
***
Because I used to like to bake and haven't done so for a long time, I'm going to begin again. Not only do I plan to make chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies, I have purchased a Wilton cake decorating book, plus frosting bag and attachments. I also bought some specially shaped pans. I will create cakes, brownies, and cookies...and chocolates!
***
Soon I will begin making mini tea cakes and mini bundt cakes and then full-fledged, awe-inspiring triple layer cakes with perfectionist roses, stars, leaves, and the full gambit of frosting decor delight.
***
My chocolates will melt in your mouth...and guys will ask me to make chocolates for them to give their sweethearts on Valentine's Day. Gals will ask me to make chocolates for their honey-bunnies in distinct shapes. Kids will want Easter eggs and holiday shapes of delight.
***
Someday, I will make bridal and baby shower cakes and the ultimate wedding cake.
***
But for now I will just practice...and eat the mistakes!

No comments: