Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Final Prep for Cupcake Contest 2009

Nottingham Day is sneaking up on us...those of us on the committee met one last time tonight. We went through the meeting in less than an hour. Goes to prove everything is (hopefully) all under control. Let us only pray for sunny weather on Saturday (or Sunday).
***
My cupcake contest is the highlight of MY day there. This year I'm helping my young niece Bri put her entry together..."Pet Parade in Heaven" is her creation...with cotton candy for clouds and a few surprises for the judges.
***
That is all I can say, as my sister Cheryl is also entering...and mother and daughter are keeping secrets about their respective entries. This year I am not a judge, so I will have more control over the comings and goings and taking pictures...and the new People's Choice Awards! Come vote for your favorites! They'll win a trophy!
***
Prizes I put together are various cupcake silicone bake ware...butterflies, hearts, and ice cream cone molds. Grand prize winner gets a $25 gift certificate to a bakery in Dover. All the kiddies receive a prize, regardless.
***
After the cupcake contest is over, as I did last year, I load up the donated cupcakes into a large container and walk up and down and through the hordes of people shouting,
"Cupcakes for sale - $1.00! Cupcakes for sale! Cupcakes!" I walk around repeating this until they are all sold...or eaten, anyway.
***
If you are nearby, I hope will drop in and visit! If not, I guess you kinda get the picture.
 
***PS...This may be my last year of volunteerism on this successful project...other duties are begging to be done and my attention is being draw to them. Got to be fair and spread my wealth of volunteerism around. Next, I hope to help the down-trodden.*** 

No comments: