Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, October 6, 2009

God: A Light That Shines So Bright

(Photo by Lisa (Allen) Kennard - A view of the heart of my childhood church)

At the advice of my new Bible Study Sisters, I now offer my second written prayer:

My Dear Wonderful God,

This morning when I woke up with a headache, I immediately ran to take a pill.
I lay back down and let Your sun (Son) shine on my face for the real medicine.

With my pillow wet from pent-up tears,
I confessed for the umpteenth time my past wrongs,
chided myself for the last time,
and allowed You to let me forgive myself.

From now on, I will leave the past in the past.
I will look forward to the future You are giving me
with a smile on my face and You securely in my heart.
The devil may try to bring me down with hurts,
but the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
far out-weight any oppression he may attempt to sneak in.

Thank you God, for all the love You have allowed in my life.
Thank you God, for helping me to rise above pettiness.
Thank you God, for placing me in this life 'at such a time as this'!
Thank you God, for the family and friends You have gifted me with.

May I be a good example of a Christian to those You put in my path.
May you comfort us lovingly,
protect us from evil always,
and be a Light that shines so bright there is no Darkness in our lives.

In Jesus name I humbly pray,
Amen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: