Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Saturday, October 3, 2009

Things I Did on This Rainy Day

'Twas a rainy day today;
drizzle and wind and clouds,
so I slept in until ten or so
and then packed up hubby
in my shiny blue car ------
We went on a rainy-day-adventure.
 
Like a sporty car rounding
road curves at cruising speed,
I rounded twists and turns
through Lee, Madbury, and Dover
as my wheels whizzed
and my wipers squeaked.
 
First to eat, of course,
at the 'king of burgers'
from the dollar menu
and then to Wally-World.
 
Got yet another round of
baby shower gifts for the
Snell family, something
for Cheryl's birthday,
and masks for Ray and me.
 
Then to the...oh, I can't say...
...for it is an additional part
of a birthday gift for my
ultra-special sister. Shhhh!
 
Finally, a stop at the
food store for bread,
prunes, fruit, and other
nourishments, etc.
 
On my answering machine
was a call from my fav-niece.
Actually, two calls. Both pleaded,
"Can I come over? Call me back!"
 
So she came and we made chocolate
treats, played monkey-in-the-middle,
and ate supper. When it was time to
go home, we played a round of chess.
Daddy picked her up, much to her glee.
 
Now I sit at the computer screen,
yes, it's 11:15 p.m. Yes I take the time,
when I find the time, to write to you!
 
So that was my day...a nice, rainy one.
Hope yours was good, too.
 

No comments: