Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Saturday, November 28, 2009

...And So It Begins...

One day of feasting and tummies a'buldging,
Thankful for family, friends, and the Lord,
One day of cooking all dishes we love,
Thankful for children, and babies, and more.

...And so it begins...

The race to the end:
The race to Christmas Eve.
Racing through the mall
Or even the dollar store,
Pushing and shoving to get the LAST ONE!

Ribbons and bows and papers for wrapping,
Mittens and hats and arctic warm coats,
Buddle against the wind, snow, and ice,
While outside it's cold, for sure...
In our hearts we are warm, kind, and nice.

Hustle and bustle be done with it soon,
For Jesus is the Reason for this holiday,
It may be the norm to lavish loved ones with gifts,
But pause a moment on Christmas morn'
And thank God for his Son, who was born.

...And so it begins, each and every year,
Filling the holiday month with tinsel and cheer!

No comments: