Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, November 8, 2009

Grapevines Reincarnated

The sun was warm this November day in New England. After walking four miles in Northwood Meadows State Park, I came home and went to work. My husband watched football.

Assisted by a 7-1/2 year old kid, I drastically trimmed back the grapevine (since the grapes never mature). I taught my young niece how to make grapevine wreaths! She's pretty good at it and made two! She took them home so she and Mama can customize them for the upcoming holidays.

I'm going to turn the grapevine trellis into a bird sanctuary.

I'll put up several birdhouses. Next, I'll coat pine cones with peanut butter and roll them in birdseed. Twine will secure them next to the birdhouses. I want to take care of our fine, feathered friends this winter. I want to 'put up' some red male and yellow female Cardinals in my Kennard Condos. And of course, there are millions of Chickadees!

Hopefully, it will be a short, mild winter.

I have enough grapevines to make several wreaths. Since I'm beginning to make homemade gifts for Christmas presents (to those who still exchange), perhaps I'll buy some ribbon and fake grapes and make wreaths for next year's recipients.

I love working with nature's bounty!

No comments: