Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti Disaster - Organizational Aid

I, along with many concerned peoples, am saddened by the devastation in Haiti this week. We share concern for those living there. Such havoc is a nightmare for those surviving in the region.

 

My prayers go out for those who have lost a loved one...or a whole family.

 

My heart goes out to the orphans!

 

Here is a list of several organizations currently working to provide aid and relief. Help if you can.

 

This information was furnished to me from TripAdvisor, but I'm sure they won't mind me sharing it with you.

 

 

The American Red Cross

www.redcross.org

Text "Haiti" to 90999 to donate $10 (billed to your phone)
 

The United Nations World Food Program

www.wfp.org


The Salvation Army

www.salvationarmyusa.org


Action Against Hunger

www.actionagainsthunger.org


Project HOPE

www.projecthope.org


Partners in Health

www.pih.org

 

No comments: