Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pencils at Work...Functional and Fun!

I have come to find that some pencils are better than others.

In elementary schools teachers prefer students use #2's.
In high school and college I've noticed students, if they use a pencil at all,
use the refillable, retractable, ultra-thin lead pencils.

After 17 years at Tasker's Well, my ultimate favorite pencil of choice is: #2 SANFORD American Natural USA...the barrel of the pencil has no yellow paint...it is smooth, natural wood. I like this particular pencil so much, I requested my employer buy this exact pencil at Staples, so I could ALWAYS figure the books with my pencil of choice. Sitting in storage are about 50 of these. They may last me until I retire from this job...in about 10 years, give or take, based on need.

I must admit however, that I am having an affair, and loving a different pencil.

At the Easter holiday, in lieu of passing out calorie and sugar-filled candy to the children in my life, I instead handed out some pretty, painted pencils. There were some glittery gems, some pink, purple, blue, and yellow pencils that had festive Easter motifs painted on them, such as eggs, bunnies, and chicks, etc.

With two extra pencils left over, I decided to treat myself at work with some fun pencils.

Currently, I'm using a light blue pencil with yellow butterflies and white clouds. I attached a pointy, pink eraser to cover the blue eraser...so I don't wreck it's charm. I'm known to make changes often in my work, so a nice eraser is a must.

I will use this pencil until all the use makes me sharpen it into a stub.

Perhaps in four months time. Then I will toss it and begin using the purple pencil that has multi-colored, striped eggs on it. This will make my spring season at work light and comical...a stress reliever...and a welcome addition to my stash of writing utensils that grace my desktop...always within reach...for the next secretarial task.

It's true, I find that some pencils are better than others.
Some are functional and serious.
Others do the job and are simply fun to use.
I equally rely on both
and will use what best suits my mood at the time of use.



No comments: