Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Babies and Mother

Although I have never had a baby shower myself,
many family and friends have had their share,
so by now I can throw a fine shower for anyone.
 
I'm choosing to hostess a shower for someone
I'm not related to,
someone I know a bit, but not very well.
 
Does one need to know so much
about an expectant mother?
 
Don't most mother's share the yearning
to get the baby out!?
To sing lullaby's while holding
their precious bundle(s) of joy,
whether a girl or boy, or both,
and sniff the fine hair and the soft baby skin
that smells
of Johnson's baby wash and baby powder?
 
Don't most mother's share
the hopes, dreams, and joys
that revolve not around themselves,
but about their angel-child(ren)'s
head, a halo, yes,
even in devilish times?
 
Don't most mother's grieve the same way
when their little one,
even when fully grown,
falls down and bleeds?
 
Don't they run for the
ice, crème, and Band-Aids
to make the boo-boo "All better,"
with a little kiss of love
for good measure?
 
I've offered to hostess a baby shower
for a young friend who has a mother
who would do this herself,
but is graciously allowing me
a little bit of Heaven by  letting
me throw the shower I never received
myself.

No comments: