Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Friday, July 23, 2010

Air Force Friend


Here I am days after high school graduation, and in the thick of things at Basic Training in the Air Force. After riding on a bus, plane, and bus again, all day, I arrived in San Antonio, Texas about 2:00 in the morning. I had made some quick friends on the journey. Some I never saw again, a few I only heard about, and one girl, Jeanne, became my best friend for the next 6 months.

After Basic Training in San Antonio, we traveled up to Wichita Falls, Texas. There we went to Tech School to learn to become dental assistants. Though Jeanne and I were in separate classes, most of our free time was coordinated together. When I got stationed in the desert of California, and she was sent way up north to Alaska, we only had contact once. She had married and had at least one child, I remember her saying.

From then until now...no contact.
I wonder if I will ever come across her in the future. If so, I hope she recalls me fondly, as I do her. At a time of great struggle in my life, she was my savior.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: