Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Friday, July 2, 2010

Robin Floated Away

It has been a hectic day of emotions being on a roller-coaster ride.
I learned that a friend of the family, who's been battling cancer,
LOST HER BATTLE TODAY!

Yes, I'm sad...
I am only glad
that I have the knowledge
that she and devoted husband
continued their religious faith,
that she clutched a cross in her hand
that with each labored breath her hand-strength
grew more weak...
...also growing weak was the clutch the devil held upon her.

Yet still she clung on to the promise of GOD
that off to Heaven she would float
to the bright light, where peace and no pain, await.

She passed away into the light,
and on my way home from work
I detoured and drove to my friend's house,
HER BROTHER,
who was in need of a hug...
who's voice quivered,
who's eyes glistened,
and who's wife showed him affection
by rubbing her hand across his back...
not only once, but twice.

Roller coaster rides have never been my friends,
no more true than today,
when we are left to mourn and Robin floated away...

Now with time to reflect on the

wonderful life Robin shared with us,
from our days of youth when riding
to and from on the yellow school bus...

To life moments when Rick she wed,
and sugar-plum dreams danced in her head,
to babies born from love and devotion,
to children-raising and all life's commotion.

Amid the commotion a calming belief held true
that embracing Robin's family was the Lord she knew,
That God, at her request, was with her every step
and dried her tears,

though truly blessed, Robin seldom wept.

Now released to her Promised Land in the sky,
plead not for answers to your questions 'why?'
True, the devil invaded her body within,
but Robin's Lord equipped her with religious tools to win!

Holding true to her faith set an example for us all
to call on God when in trouble or when we fall.

Hold on tight with all your might to the cross,
just like Robin did.

Have Faith, claim your room in God's mansion-in-the-sky,
just like Robin did.

Don't agonize this day and continually ask 'why,'
just know that the devil gave up

and Robin embraced the courage
for her Savior and her to WIN!

Roller coaster rides never seem to end,
and with Robin's bravery and fine Christian example,
she allows us to ride life's roller coaster
knowing Robin will never leave our hearts
and she will be our guardian-angel-friend!

Robin floated away,
but her beloved memory will always stay.
Keep Robin in your heart and memory,
for one day, if you love the Lord like she,
we will float away and our Robin we shall happily see!





1 comment:

Diane said...

I enjoyed reading this...it was an emotional day and I will miss my friend.