Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Saturday, July 10, 2010

Umbrellas in the Rain

Today, just as hot as yesterday
and the several days before,
Instead of hanging out on the couch
I talked my husband into going outdoors...
 
'Let's go over to Calef's ballfield', I say
'They're having a craft fair and raffles today!'
 
My husband replied in a positive fashion
that we could water the flowers at church,
for flowers and God are his passion.
 
I agreed...so off we went on by
even though dark clouds were in the sky,
While watering the flowers in the muggy air
I'm dreaming of attending the big craft fair!
 
Thunder, oh my, is rumbling in the sky, I hear,
while hubby waters...it will rain...I fear.
I race to the car and bring out two umbrellas,
one for the gal and one for the fella.
 
While it pours from the sky and mists our toes
we continue to water from the long green hose,
for you never know, the rain could stop right now,
when it continues, with umbrellas, out we bow.
 
Home to change and then the sun comes out
I want to race back to the craft fair and wander about,
Now hubby is relaxed back on the couch with t.v.,
that leaves plans to make...Miss Conniving me!
 
Shall we go back and try the craft fair again
or watch a Hallmark movie that just began,
Maybe neither, maybe go for a walk,
maybe pour some lemonade
and have a meaningful talk.
 
It matters not, actually,
what my husband and I do,
as long as we're together
to kiss, cuddle and coo...
 
 

No comments: